Blog de SVPlants
7 Sep 2014
Fruit Attraction 2014, the must-attend event for the European leek industry.

After Fruit Logistica in Berlin, Fruit Attraction has in recent years become the meeting place in Europe for doing fruit and vegetable-related business. Year after year, leading producers and traders of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as representatives and purchasing managers from the major European distribution channels gather in Madrid for this trade show.

Fruit Attraction Madrid is a large-scale business and information platform for those working in this sector. The first edition was launched 5 years ago, almost around the same time the deep global financial crisis unfolded, a situation which hit Spain especially hard. Nevertheless, going against the grain of the economy in general, Spain’s export of fresh fruit and vegetables has continued to grow, and this trade fair has seen a dramatic increase in the number of domestic and international exhibitors and visitors year-on-year. Fruit Attraction is, by definition, an event of and for fruit and vegetable growers. 70% of exhibition space is reserved by statute for producing companies, affiliated associations or administrative regions (autonomous communities) and countries representing their producers. The remaining 30% can be – and almost always is – taken up by the agricultural supply and service industry.

This European event for the fresh fruit and vegetable export sector was first launched in 2009, attracting 353 exhibitors to its 7,439 square metres of exhibition space and visited by 8,480 trade visitors. In its fifth edition the number of exhibitors rose to 674 and 21,000 square metres of space were utilized. In other words, the fair practically doubled in size over 5 editions. What’s more, the number of trade visitors in 2013 reached 35,000, coming from some 83 countries, more than a fourfold increase on 2009.

Some of the European countries exhibiting at this event included France, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and Portugal. But the highlight of 2013 was the participation of Chile and Peru, each with their own stand. These newcomers to the event were joined by Brazil and Argentina, countries which had attended previously.

Language
  • ES
  • EN
  • DE
  • FR
  • NL
  • PL
Subscribe to our newsletter
Archive